Thursday, September 6, 2007

You Make Me Want To be the Best

As I am accustomed to do, I went to solitude on Sept. 3 to 5 in Laguna. It was a time for prayer, reflection and relaxation in preparation for the anniversary of my priestly ordination. This poem is an expression of gratituded to God for the gift of this wonderful vocation and to all who continue to encourage me whether through words or action in this awe-inspiring life and ministry. Salamat po sa lahat!

You
make me want to be the best
the best priest God wants me to be.

Every time you take my hand
and choose to be blessed
you make me want to be a priest of God’s blessings.

Every time you offer your time
and choose community over privacy
you make me want to be a priest of solidarity.

Every time you volunteer what you can do
and choose service over apathy
you make me want to be a priest of charity.

Every time you share what you have
and choose giving over keeping for yourself
you make me want to be a priest of generosity. .

Every time you kneel in adoration
and choose to pray than be astray
you make me want to be a priest of prayer.

Every time you fall in line
and choose to receive communion
you make me want to be a priest of compassion.

Every time you say yes to Jesus
and choose to be faithful
you make want to be a priest forever.

Every time you say sorry
and go to confession in humility
you make me want to be a priest of honesty.

Every time you open your ears
and choose to listen over indifference
you make me want to be a priest of clarity.

Every time you follow Jesus
and carry your cross
you make me want to be a priest of resurrection.

Every time you say Amen

and trust in the Lord
you make me want to be a priest of faith.

Every time you move on
and not tied down by trials
you make me want to be a priest of hope.

Every time you consult me
and ask questions
you make me want to be a priest of the Spirit.


You
make me want to be the best
the best priest that God wants me to be.