Sunday, March 16, 2008

THE LANTANA SUNSET

I stayed in Lantana for almost a year when the diocese of Cubao was still in its first year of establishment. I stayed on the 7th floor. When I was there, I had always admired the magnificent sunset as seen from the fire exit of the ten storey building, which is the diocesan center. When I got Nika [nikkon D40x], I always longed to capture the Lantana Sunset. I had the opportunity on March 13, 2008. It was a Thursday. That day I had to be at Lantana around 8 PM to hand out certificates for a liturgical conference. I went there around 5:30 PM, stayed at the fire exit of the 7th floor and tried to capture even a fraction of the majestic sunset that day.

I think I took more than 200 shots that afternoon. This is one of my favorite. For other pictures see my photos..

[I have adjusted the contrast and had to crop some parts.]