Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pinoy Kodakero, Salamat!

I have been into photography as a serious hobbyist [naks] for seven months now. I count from the time that getting a DSLR has become an irritating desire that eventually was realized as a kind of birthday gift for myself [haha nagreregalo sa sarili - sabi nga nung isang pari, isipin mo na lang "You have been a good priest you deserve that."] So, I started to post my picture here in my multiply account. Then, I also revived my flickr acount. I started to join contests, to read blogs about photography, to copy concepts and composition, to do basic post processing, to join flikcr groups. There were several flickr goups that cater to Filipinos, and I found it a bit difficult to choose what to join and what to check out in a more or less regular basis. Then, I got hooked in Pinoy Kodakero [PK]. I was commenting on PKs photos; they were commenting to mine, others suggesting basic post processing precedures to enhance my photos; I joined PK challenges [hindi pa nananalo kahit minsan hehe]; I was invited for the Pinoy Kodakero award for the month. I was checking the flickr group everyday. I so love Pinoy Kodakero because it has helped me to love and enjoy photography.

I became active in Pinoy Kodakero. I came to know people and other members came to know me. Although I was quite active, I have never found time to join any EB or bonding sessions by the group [madalas Sunday, hindi naman ako basta-basta makaalis ng parokya pag-Sunday; o kaya Friday night, lagi namang may meeting hehe] And then, came this photoshoot in San Carlos Seminary. I was asked to help out in the revival of the Bulwagang Karlista - the heritage hall of the San Carlos Seminary Alumni Association [SCSAA]. Is it possible for me to take new images of the seminary? So, I told myself, if I cannot join a Pinoy Kodakero Photo Shoot, might as well invite Pinoy Kodakero to a photoshoot where I can be present.

Finally, last July 26, I met the persons behind the most beautiful pictures in flickr. I saw the faces behind the pictures, the eyes behind the camera. Of course I was very excited to shoot for my beloved seminary, but I was more excited to meet fellow PKs. Thank you for spending the whole Saturday morning at San Carlos Seminary. Thank you for finding in you the generosity to help the seminary. Sa uulitin! Salamat!

More photos here: