Friday, June 15, 2007

The Sacred Heart of Jesus

Today is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The first reading and the gospel presents the image of a good shepherd as a way to understand how much Jesus loves us. The first reading states: “I myself will pasture my sheep; I myself will give them rest, says the Lord God. The lost I will seek out, the strayed I will bring back the injured I will bind up, the sick I will heal…”

Akala natin tayo ang naghahanap sa Diyos, pero sa totoo ang Diyos ang naghahanap sa atin. Hind ang Diyos ang nakakalimut. Hindi ang Diyos ang tumatalikod. Hindi ang Diyos ang nawawalan ng katapatan. Tayo po ang nakakalimot. Tayo po ang tumatalikod. Tayo po ang hindi nagiging tapat. Kaya sa totoo lang, hindi tayo ang naghahanap sa Diyos. Ang Diyos ang naghahanap sa atin.

The message of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is quite simple: God is always there for us – ready to love, to forgive, to give another chance, to enlighten, to correct, to remind, to inspire, to strengthen, to heal. He is always there and he will always make his presence felt.

Sa araw na ito ng Kamahal-mahalang Puso ni Jesus maging lumalim nawa at tumibay ang pagtitiwala natin sa Diyos. Huwag po tayong magpatalo sa anumang sakit, karamdaman, problema o pagsubok. Patuloy po tayong magtiwala sa Diyos dahil nanjan siya at tayo’y kanyang hinahanap.