Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Will you?


Will you be my hand
to share, to serve, to give
caress the wounded, the sick
comfort the weak

Will you be my eyes
to see, to search, to recognize
seething pain and poverty
bringer of justice and peace

Will you be my feet
to go, to journey, to reach out
seek the lost, the strayed
light along the way

Will you be my tongue
to speak, to teach, to inspire
enflame the mind, the heart
commitment and service, begot

Will you be my arms
to support, to protect, to embrace
uplift the lowly, the down-trodden
ease the burden

Will you be my heart
to forgive, to accept, to save
throbbing for love, for union
hungry for reconciliation

Will you be me
my life, my will, my fidelity
my presence, my servant, my priest

11 years in the priesthood... Happy Birthday, Mama Mary! Thank you, Lord!